Koh Haa Yai is famous for its caves, caverns and canyons. The maximum depth found here is 45 +meters and there are plenty of deeper pinnacles to explore. This means that Koh Haa Yai is well suited for more advanced recreational divers and technical divers. Because of the versatility of Koh Haa Yai, there’s plenty of shallow areas for more inexperienced divers and snorkelers.
The visibility is always good and often 30 meters with only slight to moderate currents, which makes diving here very pleasant. The amazing visibility combined with amazing marine life such as Scorpionfish, Turtle, Ghost pipefish, Moray eel and Whalesharks. These were all spotted on a single dive which makes for some amazing scuba diving. The true speciality of Koh Haa Yai however, are the caves and caverns. These provide an amazing underwater scenery for diving and photography alike.
If you want to find out more about the best dive sites in Thailand, visit our Koh Haa Yai diving guide.
- 25% deposit will be taken on booking (cancellation policy), full payment will be required on morning of activity.
- Days Activity Runs on: Daily
- Duration: 1 Day
- Collection/Meetup time: 08:30
- Drop Off Time: 17:30
- Cost: thb9000
- Requirements: Minimum age of 18 | Minimum Open Water Diver Certificate | 20 logged dives
- Number of Dives: 2
Once we meet at the meet up point (whether we pick you up or you meet us there), we’ll head out on the boat. The trip to Koh Haa Yai usually takes around two hours. This gives us plenty of time to go through our equipment relax until we get there. When we arrive, we’ll complete a dive briefing and make sure everyone is paired up. We’re then ready to descend on our first dive. After we’ve completed our first dive, we’ll take a break for some lunch and to fill in our log books as we move to the next spot ready to descend for our second dive of the day. Our return trip will likely take around two hours.
- All equipment is available to hire for free. Some equipment such as dive computers and underwater cameras will incur an extra charge.
- You are welcome to use your own equipment however, please ensure that it has been serviced as and when required. If we see equipment that we do not feel is safe or adequate, we reserve the right to ask you to leave it behind and provide you with a suitable replacement.
- We have a huge range of scuba diving and snorkeling products to buy online which can either be sent out to you, or can be here ready for you to use when you arrive.
- If you have specialist requirements, please contact us and we will do all we can to help fulfil those requirements.