The local islands here in Railay, Krabi & Ao Nang offer shallow, easy diving which is perfect for beginners, refreshers and those who just want a relaxing day of diving. Maximum depth is around 20 meters with an average visibility of 10-15 meters.
Railay Local Islands – 2 Dives
If you’d like to know more about Our Local Islands, read our Local Islands Diving Guide.
- 25% deposit will be taken on booking (cancellation policy), full payment will be required on morning of activity.
- Days Activity Runs on: Daily
- Duration: 1 Day
- Collection/Meetup time: 08:30
- Drop Off Time: 17:30
- Cost: thb2900
- Requirements: Minimum age of 10 | Minimum Open Water Diver Certificate | 20 logged dives
- Number of Dives: 2
There are plenty of colourful soft corals and fantastic macro life, such as Nudibranch, Nemo, Seahorse, Bamboo shark, Cuttlefish, Pipefish or Kuhl’s stingray.
There are also some beautiful swim throughs and caves on several islands that offer a bit of safe excitement in the dives and wonderful frames for underwater photographs.
Local Islands are only a short boat ride away, 30-40 minutes away from Railay depending on the dive site.
The Local islands trip is done with either a longtail boat or in the high season, sometimes with the Big Boat.
- All equipment is available to hire for free. Some equipment, for example dive computers and underwater cameras, will incur an extra charge.
- You’re welcome to use your own equipment but most importantly, please make sure it’s been serviced as and when required. If we see equipment that we do not feel is safe or adequate, we reserve the right to ask you to leave it behind and provide you with a suitable replacement.
- We have a huge range of scuba diving and snorkeling products to buy online. These can either be delivered to you or you can pick them up from here when you arrive.
- If you have specialist requirements, please contact us and we will do all we can to help fulfil those requirements.