The local islands trip offers nice and easy snorkeling right next to Railay and Ao Nang. There are beautiful shallow areas for snorkelling with the depths starting at just couple of meters where you can see the reef fish and colourful corals.
If you’d like to know more about Our Local Islands, read our Local Islands Diving Guide.
- 25% deposit will be taken on booking (cancellation policy), full payment will be required on morning of activity.
- Days Activity Runs on: Daily
- Duration: 1 Day
- Collection/Meetup time: 08:30
- Drop Off Time: 17:30
- Cost: thb1500
- Requirements: Reasonable Health | Reasonable Ability to Swim (Like jackets are provided)
- Number of Stops: 2
Here you can find Nemo and his friends. Snorkelers spot here the beautiful, but harmless, Black tip reef sharks circling around the islands or Stingrays hiding in the sand.
There are also some beautiful swim throughs and caves on several islands and some of these are even accessible while snorkelling, but this requires very calm seas and very low tide.
The local islands are a short boat ride away, only 30-40 minutes away from Railay. This trip is most often done with the traditional Thai long tail boat but sometimes in the high season, the trip is done with the Railay Dive Center Big Boat.
Price includes lunch.
- All equipment is available to hire for free. Some equipment, for example dive computers and underwater cameras, will incur an extra charge.
- You’re welcome to use your own equipment but most importantly, please make sure it’s been serviced as and when required. If we see equipment that we do not feel is safe or adequate, we reserve the right to ask you to leave it behind and provide you with a suitable replacement.
- We have a huge range of scuba diving and snorkeling products to buy online. These can either be delivered to you or you can pick them up from here when you arrive.
- If you have specialist requirements, please contact us and we will do all we can to help fulfil those requirements.