Did you, like us, fall in love with scuba diving? Are you considering a career in diving? If so, then the PADI Divemaster course is where you are heading. As a divemaster, you’ll get to share amazing scuba diving experiences with many people from all over the world, from all walks of life.
The PADI Divemaster course is your very first level of professional training. You’ll work closely with our PADI Professional who will train, guide and hone your scuba diving skills until they are perfect every time. You’ll gain the dive knowledge, management training and supervision abilities that you’ll need to lead others during scuba diving activities and become a role model to all the scuba divers that you meet.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a Doctor within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- Please note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organisations may apply – please enquire before booking.
- 25% deposit will be taken on booking (cancellation policy), full payment will be required on morning of activity.
- Days Activity Runs on: Daily
- Duration: 60 Days
- Collection/Meetup time: 08:30
- Drop Off Time: 14:30 – 18:30
- Cost: thb35000
- Requirements: Minimum age of 15 | PADI Rescue Diver Certificate
- Number of Dives: 20+
The PADI Divemaster course will teach you how to become a leader and to take charge of of scuba diving activities. You will develop new skills that will enable you to organise and direct a range of dive activities. This will be done by making use of:
- Knowledge development sessions
- Waterskills exercises
- Hands-on practical assessment
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
We also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses which you can complete along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
- Aside from your usual basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates.
- All equipment is available to hire for free. Some equipment, for example underwater cameras, will incur an extra charge unless it is required as part of your specialty.
- You’re welcome to use your own equipment but most importantly, please make sure it’s been serviced as and when required. If we see equipment that we do not feel is safe or adequate, we reserve the right to ask you to leave it behind and provide you with a suitable replacement.
- We have a huge range of scuba diving and snorkeling products to buy online. These can either be delivered to you or you can pick them up from here when you arrive.
- If you have specialist requirements, please contact us and we will do all we can to help fulfil those requirements.